We are continuously striving to improve our systems and processes, to design 'out' waste and find a new purpose for any material that we no longer need.
For many years our creative director Ella Doran has been an advocate of the circular economy. You can read more about her and her projects at elladorandesigner
If you buy from us on line, you will know we re-use our packaging as much as possible, and we encourage all of our customers to continue the chain and keep materials in use.
We strive to use materials that are long lasting and age well, along with sourcing materials that are already in their second life or third life when possible.
We offer a 'take back' service with our made to measure roller blinds, we will take back your old ones to ensure the components can be re-used or recycled. Please email us if you would like more information here.
We re-use all of our end-of-line fabrics and wallpapers for workshops & events, and when possible, we make new products.
If you would like to order any of our wallpaper or fabric offcuts, please email us at email@example.com
- To create products that will last a life time, and to encourage circular design principles, and re-using, before resorting to re-cycling
- To be transparent and clear about the materials we use and what to do at the end of life of the product
- To minimise the possible effects on human health and the environment arising from the activities of our company
- To efficiently use energy and any raw materials in order to protect our natural resources
- All of our wallpapers that we produce are FSC certified. And we donate to https://treesisters.org/ 1% of every sale of our wallpapers to them.
‘TreeSisters exists to elicit collective responsibility for planetary restoration at the grass roots level with a focus on women and tropical reforestation’
- We promote the circular economy through all of our suppliers encouraging them to adapt and develop systems that minimise waste and increase re-use of their ‘waste’ materials
- We encourage you and all of our customers and colleagues to 'think' globally and 'act' locally' as much as possible
Links of interest
Ella is a founder member of URGE collective, read about their work, and sign up for their weekly newsletter, that focuses on positive innovation and creative strategies to mitigate the Climate crisis.
For any textiles you no longer wish to keep, other than your local charity shop, please visit LMB Textiles Re-cycling or look up your local equivalent service provider.
We may on occasion send some fabrics and materials to The Scrap Project in Hackney http://childrensscrap.co.uk/ They are a fantastic creative materials resource for local schools and colleges.
If you want to get a new sofa, check your local FRN network for your furniture to have a second life - remember ‘One mans waste is another mans treasure’ alternatively, consider commissioning Ella Doran to re-design your old heirloom piece.
Watch Ella Doran’s Sheep to Seat - Fleece to Floor - an immersive documentary by Paul Wyatt about her exhibition & the journey of wool from the sheep which graze the historic landscape of Yorkshire Sculpture Park, from shearing to scouring, spinning to weaving and design to product development.